Thursday 29 October 2009

Is it?

Is it just me or do you find yourself finding things to do that you shouldn't be doing.

Right now I am meant to be devising a new programme to set for my website but I find myself busying myself with other things to do. Just like when you were at school in the infants and you would find yourself looking out of the window watching the gardener man on that big lawnmower and thinking to yourself, "Oh can't wait 'til break when I can go outside and make a birds nest with all that grass so the birds won't have to bother doing it themselves". Or when you hit secondary school and you would sit staring out the window during either double Maths or double Physics on a random Wednesday afternoon thinking "Oh come on school bell ring so I can go home, take out the biscuit tin and watch the next installment of Neighbours, as Helen Daniels has just had a stroke and I am concerned for her welfare. Jim doesn't seem too bothered and that girl that has just moved in has got way to big a perm and is not actually that pretty it's more spiral than spring tight!".

I often find that I can quite easily make myself busy doing anything other than the one thing I am really meant to be doing. Today I caught myself sorting under my bed placing my shoes in a form of alphabetical order based on colour and heel size. Now I am not a sufferer of OCD but I think I could easily find myself orgainising my way there. Who sorts their shoes out? and why are they under my bed in the first place and not in the wardrobe like everyone elses? This my new friends is why Blogging is going to get in the way of everything.

Remember keeping a diary as a teenager? I do. I lied in my diary!! ALOT. I know it's almost like lying to yourself but I did it anyway. Dear Diary ...... and then a bunch of made up over dramatised ideas of how I'd actually wanted my day to pan out......

Ie: Tuesday October 12th Dear Diary. Today in Physics Mr Perrin (who everyone fancies particularly Claire Leatherbarrow from Mrs Swifts form) gave me a wink and I just ignored him. I know he was winking at me because he mouthed my name when he did it........

Mr Perin was a happily married man with two kids and to be fair to him he never once winked at me let alone mouthed my name, in fact I don't even think I was in his class!! Poor man, imagine if my mum had read my diary? She'd have been in his class, lighting a buson burner, opening the valve and burning his whats-its-mackallies over the harsh hot blue flame. My mum is quite a laid back soul and always respected my privacy. "Young girls have a tendancy to exagerate" she'd say. "Thats rubbish" would be my intellectual 15 year old reply. Then I would sculk off and proceed to lie in my diary.

I have always been a bit "drama" as my Auntie Irene would call me. Not "diva" that's different but just a bit "drama".

Anyways drama or not this important report that I need to put on www.tabletasks.com is not writing itself and you aren't helping.

Perhaps just before I do that I could go and organise my take out menus into alphabetical order .......................

Laters

Tabletasks

No comments:

Post a Comment